Sunday, December 14, 2014

Appreciating You

Most of you opened an email to get to this post. You may have dozens of others sitting in your inbox, but you opened this one. Most of you do it every Monday morning. I want to take a moment just to tell you that I don’t take you for granted. I appreciate you.



I appreciate that most of you have decided to follow Jesus because you have found him to be the one person you can totally trust. You have not found life always easy, but you want to follow him and let him be with you in it and through it, over it and under it.


I appreciate that so many of you are out there living by faith even with great challenges. We try to write things that will help us overcome and go on to do God’s will, but I appreciate that you are examples of people who are doing that. You aren’t just being faithful in trials and difficulties, but you are inspiring other to be faithful.


And then, I appreciate that so many of you make comments and give feedback. Just about the time that I think we need to bring this little form of communication to an end, and close this chapter,  I hear something from one of you that reminds me that what we are doing here is worth it and making a difference, and I am encouraged to keep the Moments going.


We will take break the next two weeks, and meet you back here on January 4, but as we get ready for a new year, please know we are thankful  for  your faithfulness to God, your inspiring lives and your involvement with us.  


Have a safe, blessed kingdom-first holiday time.

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holidays! Thanks for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really sweet Tom! I hope I will get to see you and Sheila after Christmas to share with you both how much you encourage me and how you allow God to truly use your entire lives to serve so many. I don't think either of you will ever understand the amount of lives you both have allowed God to impact through you! I'm one of countless many- past, present, and future. Thank you! Sending love to you and your family this holiday season from Cambodia! Love, Liz Straight

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I too thank you for your encouraging words each week. Many blessings to you and your family this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We appreciate you as well! Keep the Moments coming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a merry Christmas. Thanks for the Mind Change! In every situation there is a right and spiritual way to think. That's been my mantra through life's little trials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tom, I can not tell you how meaningful the Mind Change Moments and the MCM book have been to me through the years. Outside of the Bible itself, few books have meant so much in my walk. But I am far from being the only beneficiary of your encouragement. God is continuing to use your words and faith to bring comfort to the broken and hope to the hurting. Moreover, the message of the MCM ministry is not one that is fades in its relevance, but rather stays new and alive; a refreshing drink to many still wandering lost in their own deserts. Thank you, Tom, for sharing your heart with us all and for calling us to a truer understanding of our compassionate savior. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your ministry to so many of us. We live in a world in which our thinking can easily be twisted into something ungodly and unproductive--I want the mind of Christ, Mind Change thoughts are helpful! Have a Merry Christmas Tom and Sheila! Looking forward to 2015 and all that our Lord has planned for each of us!

    ReplyDelete