Monday, July 13, 2015

Feeling a Bit Overwhelmed?

Today I am reposting an article from a number of years ago. It received a lot of comment at the time. It resonated with me this morning and I thought, "I need this."

Some time ago a person seeking help shared with me feelings he routinely has when under stress. As needs pile up, he usually feels overwhelmed and almost paralyzed by thoughts that there is no way he can handle all that is on his plate. He is a hard-working, industrious person who cares for a lot of people, but inside, in those moments, there is a strong desire to run away and avoid the pressure.





6 comments:

  1. Wow, I really needed that today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I forget to pray first. After all these years it looks like I would go to God before I do anything. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also naturally tend to run elsewhere before going to God during times of crushing stress. Sure, it is good to talk to friends to get support & help, but it is incredibly important to bring these things before God FIRST in prayer. I truly believe he rewards that kind of reliance. I recently heard someone say, "Go to the throne before you go to the phone!".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too often like Esther I approach the throne in fear of rejection. Thanks for reminding me whose I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nimral from India wrote:

    Tom, I've read, reread and own many of your books... God has reached out through you to bless so many of us. I also have a strange request. I've scoured the internet and book shops for a deep book on forgiveness. We all know they why of it rather than the how of it. How does one forgive from the heart and deal with powerful negative emotions which well up over and over again even though the decision to forgive has been made and is being renewed everyday? I would be delighted to see an article on the why and 'How' of forgiveness. How about a book on Forgiveness? :) Thanks,Nirmal, India

    Dear Nimral, I think you will get much help from a new book by our good friend, Linda Brumley. It is titled "Finding Your Path to Forgiveness." Here is the link: http://www.ipibooks.com/IPIStore/Details/tabid/89/rvdsfpid/1077/language/en-US/Default.aspx#.VabYqPlVikp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much needed ! Thank you Tom !

    ReplyDelete